Dr. Tim O'Carrigan
Dr O'Carrigan is Sydney born and trained and graduated with Honours
from the University of New South
Wales in 1988.
Internship and residency was followed
by Accredited Orthopaedic Training
which was completed in 1997.
I then completed a 12 month Fellowship in Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction in
Baltimore Maryland with Drs Dror Paley and John Herzenberg. Both of these surgeons
are foremost in their field and head the busiest limb reconstruction unit in the United
States. Extensive study and surgical experience was undertaken in the methods of
Ilizarov to treat complex deformity in both adults and children.
My particular interest is in the correction of deformity in adults as a result of severe
trauma or residual congenital or developmental skeletal abnormalities. I also specialize in Foot and Ankle surgery.
Upon return to Australia I have established a private practice in Liverpool Sydney.
- Head of the Orthopaedic Department at Campbelltown Public Hospital
- Conjoint Senior Lecturer at University of Western Sydney Medical School
- As Head of the Orthopaedic Department I was awarded the Clinical Deans Excellence Award for 2009. The Orthopaedic Term was voted the Best Surgical Term for 2009 by the Medical Students at UWS.
- University of New South Wales (1988)
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery Honours Class II Division II
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 1997 FRACS
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association FAOrthA
- The New South Wales Medical Board
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Current Public Appointments
Visiting Medical Officer at:
- Campbelltown Public Hospital
Current Private Hospital Appointments
- Campbelltown Private
- Sydney Southwest Private
- Liverpool Day Surgery
Specific Areas of Interest
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Adult Deformity correction - post-traumatic Congenital or Developmental- this
includes bone infection, non-union, malunion, limb length discrepancy and malalignment
- Lower Limb Joint Replacement - Hip Knee and Ankle joint replacement for private patients can be undertaken at either South West Private Hospital or Campbelltown Private Hospital. Dr O'Carrigan does not have a public hospital appointment with the facilities to undertake joint replacement.
- Lower Limb Arthroscopy - knee and ankle
- Knee and Ankle Ligament Reconstruction - ACL reconstruction and ankle
reconstruction for instability